A little bit ago, I made a simple handle for a 4-in-1 (actually 6-in-1 but I never use the hex driver). At the time, I noted that eccentric techniques could prevent the screwdriver from rolling easily.
Here’s the upgrade.
I shifted the turning axis 0.25 inch in opposite directions to turn two opposing flatter curves.
In addition, I added a ferrule made from a copper plumbing fitting.
Per request, I’m also showing how I removed the handle from the store bought screwdriver. Although I doubt that this process is anything to emulate.
The wood is a lamination I made several years ago for another project containing walnut, locust, maple, and other woods.
The screwdriver handle is finished with my mix of mineral oil and beeswax.
Your choice – either is a great project – this one or the previous video.