Announcing the 2014 Christmas Ornament Woodturning Challenge sponsored by As Wood Turns, Alan Stratton, and Woodshop TV, Carl Jacobson. This is the third annual challenge. We’d had great responses to previous years. This year we’re adding prizes to the top rated presenters.
There are some rules:
3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Woodturning Challenge Rules and Guidelines.
- Ornament must be in good taste and somehow reflect the spirit of Christmas and/or the Christmas season.
- Videos must be submitted on or before 11/30/2014.
- Winners may select their choice of prizes available.
- 1st place winner may select any available prize.
- Other winners will submit a list of desired prizes in order of preference.
- Remaining prizes will be awarded in place and preference order.
- Only 1 prize per person
- Winners will have two days after notification to submit their preferences.
- Videos will be uploaded to YouTube.
- Notify Alan Stratton at www.AsWoodTurns.com to include in the challenge and the official playlist.
- This notification constitutes acceptance of all rules and conditions of this challenge.
- Judges are Alan Stratton and Carl Jacobson. Their decisions are final. There are no appeals.
- Void where prohibited
- Have fun
- Hollowing Tool – HK-58A Courtesy of Crabtree Tools
- Roughing Gouge ¾” — Courtesy of Carter and Son Toolworks
- Carl’s Nova Chuck – Courtesy of Carl Jacobson
- Chefware Kits has provided several gifts to be awarded individually
- $50 Gift Certificate
- Pizza cutter
- Back scratcher & Fly swatter
- Peppermill kit
- Pen Blanks
- Scratch Awl kit
- Fork and Spatula set
- Others if possible
- Keep your video short — Excessively long videos will not impress the judges.
- Have fun but be safe.